31 May 2014

rumours // fleetwood mac

Well, I ran into another wall with ACC. And it's a big one. I don't understand all the bureaucracy and red tape that is involved with trying to give a business money so that I can get an education. I'm not sure where this path might end up, but after a good cry/freak out session, I continued my part in this cycle and surrendered it to the universe. Since that moment, I've been a bit more peaceful and the way forward seems pretty clear. After a good night's sleep tonight and a full day of work tomorrow, I will re-evaluate and see where this goes next. Hopefully no more walls. Please, no more walls.

After Drew got home from work tonight, we ran up to the grocery store. On our way home, we had the windows down and the glorious balmy summer night winds were so invigorating. We typically have the radio on, but at a very low volume so we can talk. He's a mumbler and I'm hard of hearing, so background noise needs to be at a minimum. During a lull in conversation, I recognized the intro to an awesome song that I hadn't heard for a while (Sweet Disposition by the Temper Trap). So I turned up the radio and, after a pause, Drew exclaimed "OH HELL YEAH." And we jammed out. And it was fantastic.

One of the last turns we take to get home sends us facing west; tonight, it gave us the most glorious view of pink, lavender, and indigo watercolor sunset skies, framed perfectly with mature trees on either side. Accompanied by the guitar riff extro of the song, it was a divine moment. One that made my heart explode and calmed my soul all at the same time. One that made me sure that I am being guided and on a good path. I just need to keep putting one foot in front of the either.

No comments:

Post a Comment