10 July 2014

fates // erik mongrain

Today was really productive, in the a lot of little tasks getting crossed off the list kind of way, even when the list didn't really need to be there anyway. But I did all the things I set out to do: I ran some errands, dusted the bedroom and the front room, straightened up, emptied the trash, deep cleaned the dishwasher, did SO MANY dishes, finished up the laundry, finished a book, read some of Miracles Now, meditated, worked out, went grocery shopping, cooked and ate a healthy dinner, spent time with Drew. The only thing that got pushed back until tomorrow was cleaning the bathroom. Again. It'll get done eventually.

It seems like I did a lot for not getting out of bed until 2 o'clock this afternoon. This summer, it just feels like I could sleep forever. I've been sleeping 10-12 hours every night, and typically taking naps (yes, sometimes plural) throughout the day. It just seems like I can't get enough sleep, even though I wake up incredibly well rested. I guess when there's nothing really pulling you out of bed, there's no reason to get up. I always have been a bed lover.

But now it's half past 2 am and I am dwindling down. Freshly showered and still drying off, I am reaching for a topic here. A neat little bow to wrap this entry up in. I guess sometimes that just doesn't happen. I still love re-reading my posts and seeing how they end. It's hardly ever the way I intended it when I began.

That's what I love most about this space, I think. The latitude it gives me to just write, and write, and write some more, until the words are spilling out of me without a second thought. And to see where it leads me, what lessons I learn, what wisdom there is to gain from my subconscious thoughts, or just from seeing my conscious spilled out across the page.

No judgment, no lies, just love and freedom of expression.

(Who is Erik Mongrain, by the way? This album just popped up on my Spotify account and I am loving it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment