18 June 2014

old world romance // sea wolf

This was my last day in Anacortes. It's been an amazing, idyllic pacific northwest vacation/adventure/relaxation retreat. Watching the sunset over the Puget Sound every night has been my favorite part. It's also been amazing to have down time, but still have plenty to do if I wanted to. And the weather, oh, the weather. Highs in the 60s, lows in the 50s. Cloudy, rainy mornings giving way to clear, sunshine-filled afternoons. Enough sun to lay out on a lounge chair on the rocky beach with a good book. My hopeful tan is a little pink right now, but it'll fade by tomorrow.

I'm going to miss these views...this quiet, friendly, transient little island...the luxuries afforded to us by this incredible house we are staying at...the weather, of course...the endless shades of greenery brought by the endless rain...the immediate feeling of comfort and home in a place I haven't ever been.

And yet, I am so excited to be home. In the comfort of my own home. With my sheets and pillows and couches and greenery and my partner. I miss him. It's nice to miss each other, we always say. And that's true. We enjoy being independent and participating in separate activities but I'm ready to see his beautiful face and feel his strong arms holding me tight and hear his steady breathing as he sleeps and taste the saltiness of his sweat when I kiss his neck and smell the scent of being home.

Home is wherever I'm with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment