28 July 2013

saturday

It was a really great day. I spent the first half of it organizing and cleaning. Washing sheets, folding laundry, cleaning the bathroom that hasn't been cleaned since I got my wisdom teeth removed. (It wasn't that bad.) I like the routine that I've fallen into, surrounding a cleaning schedule. As I'm growing older, I like my spaces much cleaner and tidier than ever before. And I enjoy the ritual of Saturday morning cleaning. I like taking Drew to work, coming home, making myself some breakfast and green tea, then being productive for a good majority of the day. And I like that he always makes sure to thank me for the work I do around the house. I feel so happy when I see him sigh with relief when he comes home to a clean home. On the other side of the coin, when I do have an extremely lazy Saturday and the house is not clean, he is so sweet about celebrating the fact that I rested and took some down time for myself. The clean Saturday routine is not an expectation in our relationship. It's just nice to take some time and do something that will benefit the both of us. And if it doesn't happen, we'll get to it. That's why the bathroom hadn't been cleaned for a couple weeks. And you know what? It was fine. We kept on living. We kept on loving. Neither one of us mentioned it at all.

After I picked him up from work, we went to a baseball game with a bunch of friends and had beers and funnel cake and a ton of fun. It was nice to get out and do something different. The home team was losing 4-0 in the 4th inning, came back and tied it in the 8th, and then hit a home run to end the game in the bottom of the 9th. Fireworks and everything.

Came home, made the bed, had some pretty great sex, climbed into the duvet cover together (sans duvet), and talked about what the hypothetical heaven may be like. Cuddled up and asleep by midnight.

It was a really great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment