03 August 2013

friday

TGIF. What a week. My brain is all fuzzy, but maybe that's just from the homemade Bloody Marys we had earlier. I love a good Bloody Mary, which is weird because I used to HATE tomato juice for a long, long time. I think it's something about the mix of spices, pickles, and hot sauce that makes it works. Also, vodka. (Or are you on the gin team?)

Nonetheless, my eyes are droopy and my hair is in a messy bun and there is a fan blowing right on my face, causing my eyes to water as I am constantly tabbing through Pinterest pages, attempting to make myself tired enough to go to sleep. My nap today was far too long, and I did not follow it up with a trip to the gym like I normally would. That's where the Bloody Marys came into play.

We also play Cards Against Humanity tonight, which is like Apples to Apples but more off-color and ages 17+ (says the box). There were several laugh-until-you-cry moments and Emily came out as the winner! As an aside, what do you call the last bit of pizza? Pizza crusts or pizza bones or do you have another name for them?

Colloquialisms are strange, and very interesting. My coworker came up to me this morning, playing with her hair, and asked if I had an extra rubber band. I said "no...but I have a hair tie." She looked puzzled and said "what's a hair tie?!" and I pointed to my bun and said "you know, something to tie your hair back, a pony tail holder", then I pulled an extra one out of my backpack and handed it to her. She said "yeah, that's a rubber band!" then thanked me a walked away. Another coworker confirmed that yes, she calls them rubber bands too. And I was like, "no guys, rubber bands are office supplies and they rip your hair out if you use them as a hair tie". We chalked the difference up to geographical locations.

Sometimes, living in Texas is like a whole 'nother world.

No comments:

Post a Comment