04 March 2015

the firewatcher's daughter // brandi carlile

Brandi Carlile is a huge crush on mine. Her words and voice shake something deep in my soul, places that I didn't know could resonate with someone else. I'm so happy she'll be playing in Austin soon and that Drew and I get to go see her perform. I told him I was buying tickets and he was like "oh but I um I was going to surprise you with them." Whoops. I love him so much, and he is so good to me. wherever is your heart I call home. We are at a weird place right now, or maybe it's just me. But I feel like the majority of the time I am walking on boring and slippery ground. Thinking about it too much causes major insecurity. And so I slip through phases - one of severe distress and the other of apathy. I'm not sure why I'm doing this, but it's real and I'm here, and I'm battling the crippling fear and continuing to let love flow through me. While talking about a specific concerning issue with Rose, she said "I wonder if you are making a mountain of a molehill?" Have I gotten so used to drama and crisis that I am creating new ones?

No comments:

Post a Comment